Monday, January 6, 2014

Jesus Take the Wheel

Oh lordy lord, it has only been a couple of days since I last blogged but I feel as though I should make it a necessity for me to post more often this year. Ya know with it being 2014 and errythang. Like skipping months at a time and abandoning various blogs is so 2013. 
To be honest I can't believe school starts up again in approximately 17 days. I have this terrible feeling in my gut about having to go back to school. But thats because I still have that high school mindset and I continuously forget that college isn't all that bad. I have so much more freedom in college and that is one thing that I will always love about it. I remember in high school it was always "Mission Impossible: Escape the dean/principle/police officer and successfully ditch" lol.


Anyways last night I almost died. I don't really have much else to blog about so I guess I will tell y'all about how I almost died with Ruben. We went to Los Banos (hehehehe the bathroom town) to pick up his sister last night and oh. my. god. I have never been so afraid for my life. I was not aware that to get to The Bathroom Town that you have to go through a windy ass road that is pitch black and surrounding you is just hills and then fields and fields and fields that are full of possums and murderers. I was not wearing my glasses and I was so unprepared and for a while there I was blindly just driving and praying that I did not crash. I started to get really bad anxiety and I was sweating like crazy. But I am happy to say that my car is okay and we made it there and back in one piece. I started to even scare Ruben a little bit because I had a bad panic attack. But in all honesty, if I could do it again then I would. Driving around with him is one of the funnest and coolest things ever and it's something that I didn't really like until I met him. We even stopped along the way at this place called Casa de Fruitas (I think it was called that). And it was really funny because literally everything in the tiny shopping center was titled with "Casa de (insert word here)". Even in the gas station it said "Casa de Bathrooms" and "Casa de Snacks" and "Casa de Cashier." I got a real kick out of it and couldn't stop laughing hahahaha I walked through the gas station laughing like a stupid little girl. Ruben said that in the day they have a petting zoo and everything at their market. I really really really want to go back some time.

Although the experience was life threatening and terrifying... I really wouldn't mind going on more life threatening and terrifying adventures with him. It's such an interesting meaning to the word adventure. As children we always say, "I'm going on an adventure!" and then we do. Which technically is just a trip to a park or a climb to the top of a tree. But as young adults it's hard to find that spirit of adventure in our lives. Which is probably why so many people enjoyed the movie Up, ya know with the whole "Adventure is out there!" motto. I want to continue having lots and lots of adventures and never lose that kid at heart attitude. But I mostly want to find someone special who would be willing to go on millions of adventures with me and never be too lazy about it. That type of person that you can call up who will be doing nothing and instead of continuing to do nothing they decide to go out of their way and spend time with you (I don't think that really makes sense but yeah lol).

Anyways, I am lacking sleep and this post was mostly just nonsense. So goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment